Remove Unwanted Android Apps
- Ubuntu usually has the USB debugging drivers already installed. If on windows, you may need to go to device manager, uninstall the default driver and (usually automatically) upgrade the device driver. Manufacturer drivers for windows are located here.
- Download the ADB binary files from https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-linux.zip.
- On the phone, go to settings and tap the ‘build number’ 7 times to enable developer mode.
- Turn on USB debugging from the developer options.
- Plug in the phone and turn on file transfer mode.
Open a shell in the previously downloaded ADB directory and enter
# find device adb devices # enter device shell adb shell # see list of packages pm list packages # delete package pm uninstall -k --user 0 PACKAGENAME
You can also browse package names with the app “App inspector” by Projectoria. Install from google play.