Free Statistics Books
- An Introduction to Statistical Learning (application based) by Trevor Hastie, et al.
- The Elements of Statistical Learning (math based) by Trevor Hastie, et al.
- Statistical Learning with Sparsity: The Lasso and Generalizations by Trevor Hastie, et al.
- Multivariate Statistics with R by Paul J. Hewson
- The Elements of Data Analytic Style by Jeff Leek
- A First Course in Design and Analysis of Experiments by Gary W. Oehlert
- Mining of Massive Datasets by Jure Leskovec, et al.
- Advanced Data Analysis from an Elementary Point of View by Cosma Rohilla Shalizi
- Statistical Inference Course Notes for Casella and Berger by Robert Gray
- Advanced Statistical Computing Course Notes by Robert Gray
R Programming Books
- The R Inferno by Patrick Burns
- Advanced R by Hadley Wickham
- R Packages by Hadley Wickham
- R for Data Science by Hadley Wickham and Garrett Grolemund
- Handling and Processing Strings in R by Gaston Sanchez
- R Programming for Data Science by Roger D. Peng
- Other books related to R
- Various contributed documentation
Official R Manuals
- An Introduction to R
- R FAQ
- R Installation and Administration
- R Data Import/Export
- Writing R Extensions
- R Internals
- R Language Definition
Python Programming Books
- Think Python by Allen Downey
- Think Complexity by Allen Downey
- Learn Python the Hard Way by Zed Shaw
- Dive Into Python 3 by Mark Pilgrim
- Think Stats: Probability and Statistics for Programmers by Allen Downey
Last updated 2016-10-16 - Feel free to email me with any questions or comments.